Misty has the stomach crud now. With me it was more um. Diarrhea. She has been throwing up. Five times tonight already. Poor poppet. I hate seeing her so miserable. I hope this doesn't get as bad with her as it did with me. I didn't pee for 24 hours.
Tomorrow Ricky has his DXA scan (checks for bone density). Not much else on the agenda. His cough is getting worse. I hope it doesn't require any extra medical intervention.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I exercised regularly for a while but ended up stopping because of my knee hurting. I'm hoping to try again this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several friends gave birth!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, several CF friends, including most notably Ana Stenzel. :(
5. What countries did you visit?
Never even left California this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 29. Mike and I broke up.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Applying for a job I was interested in, following through on it, and getting the job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my good eating habits fall by the wayside. :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've continued to suffer from my mystery abdominal illness around once a month. My knee started hurting again, but I think I've managed to get it back to its previous state. And I've got an intestinal virus now that started on 12/30.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Maroon 5 tickets. :) Duh.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Andrew has really turned things around in school. I'm proud of him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Agreeing with my friend here and saying politicians.
Also, a friend who threw our friendship away over a fairly minor disagreement.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Maroon 5 concerts. It was a great year for them.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
"Lucky Strike" by Maroon 5
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Richer but not by much
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat and mope
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We had an early Christmas with Misty before she went with her dad for the holiday. Had a low key holiday at my mom's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
22. Did your heart break in 2013?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy
24. Where were you when 2013 began?
My friend Betsy's house
25. Who were you with?
Friends and Misty.
26. Where will you be when 2013 ends?
At cerulean_me's house
27. Who will you be with when 2013 ends?
Friends and Misty.
28. What was the best book you read?
The zombie books by Mira Grant.
29. What was your greatest musical discovery?
30. What did you want and get?
Kindle Fire HD!
31. What did you want and not get?
A new car. Boo hoo. :)
32. What was your favorite film of this year?
33. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 and I don't remember exactly but I likely sober the day with friends and family somewhere low key.
34. How many different states did you travel to in 2013?
Stayed here in California.
35. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Low cut blouse, jeans or denim capris, purple shoes.
36. What kept you sane?
Who says I'm sane?
Seriously, my friends.
37. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Adam Levine. Duh.
38. What political issue stirred you the most?
Same sex marriage.
39. How many concerts did you see in 2013?
Lost count but it was around 10.
40. Did you have a favorite concert in 2013?
Maroon 5 at HP Pavilion in March.
41. Who was the best new person you met?
There are lots, but one who sticks out is Brandy, whom I met in Chula Vista.
42. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Yep. And let's leave it at that.
43. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2013?
Slipping and smacking my knee leaving a friend's house.
44. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Always be honest with your friends and yourself.
45. What are your plans for 2014?
Get back into shape and get to the bottom of whatever it is that's causing my abdominal issues.
46. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
P!nk - Try
Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try